In Home Client Consultation
- Before any services may begin, an in-home client consultation must be scheduled.
- This usually takes between 30 to 90 minutes.
- It is important that we meet you and your pet(s) so that you may explain their routine and walk us through your home. We will provide you with a full description of services at that time.
- References are available upon request.
- Reservations should be made as soon as you've finalized your travel plans so we may reserve the time(s) of the day you prefer.
- We will confirm all reservations via telephone.
- PLEASE NOTE: Reservations made during the holidays should be made no less than two weeks in advance due to availability.
Before You Leave
- Please leave specific instructions relating to the current visit if there are any changes in routine. While we have the instructions in our files from the original consultation, things may have changed slightly from the previous visit.
- Also, please advise us if there is alarm code or key changes before you leave.
- Make sure we have up-to-date emergency contact info in the case we are unable to get into your home or if there are questions or issues that arise while you are away.
- Please leave food, medications, special treats, cleaning supplies or cat litter disposal bags where we can easily see them
- ALL pets should be up-to-date on vaccinations and proof submitted at the time of the in-home consultation.
- D&B’s cannot provide service for aggressive animals or those with a history of biting. This is for our safety.
- It is highly recommended that ALL pets wear identification tags while in our care.
- If we have concerns about your pet we reserve the right to refuse service at any time.
- In the event of injury, illness or emergency of Diane or Bruce, Katrina is a back-up sitter.
- Payment for ALL services is due on or before the first date of service unless other arrangements have been discussed.
- D&B’s will accept cash, checks, or Venmo.
- Please make checks out to D&B's Pet Sitting.
- Payments by check may be mailed to our office, given at the time of booking (we will not cash until sit begins) or simply left for us to pick up at your home.
- We ask that you notify and leave your credit card on file with your veterinarian in the case of an emergency.
- D&B’s does not allow job sharing. Our insurance and bonding policies cover Diane & Bruce and their independent contractors & employees only.
- Key pick-up and drop off charges may apply if client does not wish to allow D&B’s to maintain keys.
- We use a coded key color and number system in the event a key is dropped or stolen.
- We would like you to supply 2 sets of keys prior to your departure.
- Cancellations may be made no less than 24 hours of departure without charge.
- We request at least 24 hours notice also if your travel plans are extended other than for emergencies or travel issues beyond your control. (i.e., flight delays, traffic, etc.)
***D&B’s Pet Sitting and Home Care reserves the right to refuse pet sitting care for any reason.***