We have been working hard to get a dog park in Cedar City for many reasons. Here are just a few.
Reasons to support our dog park:
- Dogs that play hard are less destructive and
calmer at home.
- There are numerous health benefits for both dogs
and their owners for instance exercise and socialization.
- Dog parks are not just for dogs, they are a great
place for owners to meet with other people who share their love of
- Many disabled and senior citizens are not
physically able to exercise their dogs, and having a dog park where dogs can
play with others and run off their energy would be a great benefit to
- We need a place where we can help educate dog
owners where they can meet to learn from the professionals and other
knowledgable dog owners.
- It could help in our economic development to host
large dog related events in our city
- It would make it easier for our city to
enforce leash laws and registration
- It makes for a better community. It promotes
health and safety because well exercised and socialized dogs are less likely to
be a nuisance.
- In working closely with our local rescues and
shelters, it is my belief that there would be less dog surrenders if people had
additional opportunities to bond with their dogs.
- Our local homeless shelter dogs could have a
place to run and socialize on a doggy field trip(Chris
Johnson, Enoch Animal Control's statement) and show off their
attributes for potential forever homes.
****As a Rescue Volunteer for over 25 years, I know that many dogs cannot display their true nature in a kennel situation.
PLEASE VISIT THE FRIENDS OF CEDAR CITY DOG PARK WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US AT: